Nieuwsbericht | 21-09-2009
On the 4th of March the Carnegie Foundation received a very generous donation of the Government of Germany for the restoration of the Entrance Gates of the Peace Palace.
The impressive entrance gates were given by Germany to the Peace Palace in 1912. These wrought iron and bronze gates were designed by Jugendstil artist Bruno Mohring and have been here for almost hundred years serving as a fence and an eyecatcher.
After an earlier restoration in 1970/71 the gates are now, after almost 40 years, in need of a large restoration.
The ambassador of Germany dr. Thomas Läufer signed the papers and officially donated the money to the Carnegie Foundation.