- Artist: O’Connor, Andrew (1874-1941)
- Location: Rotonda stairs
- Year of donation: 1924
- Material: Marble
The United States gifted a white marble statue titled “Peace through Justice”. This statue of a woman stands on a white square marble plinth. The artist himself gave the title to the work, explaining that the statue was to depict a modern version of Lady Justice without her familiar attributes of scales, sword and blindfold. A ring on her finger represents the unity of peace and justice. The sculpture was given a prominent place in the Peace Palace because of its significance, the unity of peace and justice, which would emphasise the building’s function.
Please click on the pictures in the gallery to enlarge them.