- Artist: W. Retera, Goody Gips
- Location: Entrance hall
- Year of donation: 1911-1912
- Material: Marble paonazzo, sienna yellow, blanc clair
Italy donated a batch of marble incorporated into eight columns and 16 pilasters in the entrance hall of the Peace Palace. The design and models for the columns and pilasters were prepared by Willem Retera, a craftsman employed during the construction of the Peace Palace. These models were then sent to Carrara, Italy where the marble parts were produced.
Please click on the pictures in the gallery to enlarge them.