- Artist: Zsolnay Porcelanmanufaktura, Pecs
- Location: Entry hall, garden, first floor hallway
- Year of donation: 1924
- Material: Pyrogranite
Hungary donated four decorative spherical vases made of pyrogranite, a material that resists various weather conditions well. Therefore, one of the vases was also placed outside, in the garden of the Peace Palace. The vases are decorated with glazed details, floral motifs, the coat of arms of Hungary and owls and lions. Owls symbolize wisdom and lions strength, virtues needed to work on “Peace Through Law.
The vases stand on an octagonal plinth made of greenish-brown marble.
Please click on the pictures in the gallery to enlarge them.