- Artist: Unknown
- Location: Entrance tribune Great Hall of Justice
- Year of donation: 1913
- Material: Marble
Greece has donated a white marble throne to the Peace Palace. The gift is a replica of a throne from 200 BC. The story goes that the original throne belonged to King Minos of Knossos in Crete. In the early 20th century, the original alabaster throne was excavated along with the palace of Knossos. The Minoan civilization of Crete was named after him by archaeologist Arthur Evans. The replica of the Knossos throne now stands in front of the entrance to the gallery of the Great Hall of Justice.
Please click on the pictures in the gallery to enlarge them.