- Artist: Institution Industrielle de Pekin
- Location: Japanese Room
- Year of donation: 1910
- Material: Cloisonné, bronze, gilt, wood
The last emperor of China donated four man-sized enamel cloisonné vases, two incense vessels and two temple vases. The vases are decorated with floral motifs and an imperial dragon with five claws. In 1909, the Imperial Court commissioned the Institution Industrielle du Pékin to produce the works of art for a prominent room in the Peace Palace. Already in 1910, the four vases were delivered in wooden crates by train to the Peace Palace, and in 1913 they were given a permanent place in the Japanese Room.
Please click on the gallery below to enlarge the pictures.