Regularly, on Thursdays at 2 p.m., you can join the gardener for a scenic walk through the historic garden designed especially for the Peace Palace. The tour takes you past the pond, the rosary, the greenhouses and the winter garden at the back of the grounds. Meanwhile, our gardener will tell you stories about the special trees and plants, the history of the garden, the Zorgvliet estate and the idea behind the garden design. More information about the garden can be found here.
Information for your visit
This tour costs €12.50 per person. Entrance for children under the age of 8 is free, with a maximum of two children per adult. This tour is not recommended for very young children. The tour lasts approximately 60 minutes. This tour is offered only in Dutch. A group consists of a maximum of 20 people.
- Entry is only possible on presentation of a valid passport or EU ID card/driving license.
- All participants must pass through a metal detection gate. An exception can be made for pregnant persons and persons with pacemakers and a hand-held metal detector is available.
- Bags, cameras and cell phones may not be carried and can be stored in a locker in the Visitors Center. Due to the space available at the lockers, we ask that you bring as few items as possible.
- Unfortunately, due to the many stairs in the garden, this tour is not passable for persons in wheelchairs or with rollators.
- Refund of tickets for a tour is not possible.
We look forward to welcoming you on the grounds of the Peace Palace!