The ceremony of the laying of the foundation stone of the Peace Palace was scheduled at the same time as the Second Peace Conference of 1907. The nations represented at the peace conference were asked to contribute to the new to be built ‘Temple of Peace’. Many countries responded positively to this call and donated a work of art or a national product to decorate the building. Nowadays the Peace Palace still sometimes receives gifts from nations or organizations. A selection of the collection of national gifts is seen in this gallery.